Monday, February 5, 2007

Cash Utilities.com- donald sorenson SCAM!

Earlier today, I received an e-mail from Donald Sorenson (donald_sorenson@cash-utilities.com). He wanted me to apply to be a "Transfer Manager" with his company, Cash-Utilities.com.
I had posted a resume on Careerbuilder.com and that is where he said he found my resume.
I immediately checked out their website, which looked halfway decent. Supposedly, the company is based out of the UK and they buy currency in bulk and then convert it at lower rates for their clients. I would be processing payments from the clients to the company. All I can say is SCAM, SCAM, SCAM! I believe there are many other variations of this scam out there. I checked out the web URL via http://whois.net and found out that the two website "cash-utilities.com" and "cashutilities.com" are registered to an Anthony P. and an Alice G., both are Americans. One lives in New York and the other somewhere on the east coast. The company claims they are based out of the UK with a UK address and phone number. Both are bogus.
Their website is hosted by Yahoo servers.
I WANTED TO POST THIS IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE I HAVE A FEELING THERE MIGHT BE OTHER PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO RESEARCH THESE COMPANIES WITH SCAM SITES BEFORE THEY DECIDE TO TRY IT. THIS SCAM IS DANGEROUS BECAUSE IT IS NEW. THE WEBSITES WERE CREATED ONLY TWO TO THREE DAYS AGO. I TRIED A GOOGLE SEARCH OF THE COMPANY TO SEE IF IT WAS A SCAM AND SO FAR NOTHING, OF COURSE, IT WAS JUST REGISTERED.
BEWARE!

No comments:

Google